Become a Re-engage impact volunteer
Impact volunteers help us to evaluate our work so that we can understand the impact of our services. This can involve interviewing older people or asking them to complete questionnaires.
The role asks you to give around two hours each week (or eight to 10 hours per month). You will spend most of your time surveying older people on the phone and gathering their responses, and there may be interviewing opportunities for those volunteers who would like to do so. This is a flexible and remote voluntary role that can be carried out from home.
You will need two references and to complete an ID check for this role.
Tasks could include:
- Conducting evaluation surveys with older people over the phone.
- Collecting evaluation responses on an online form during calls and submitting to Re-engage.
- Compiling and inputting data from written surveys into spreadsheets or systems.
- Conducting evaluation interviews with older people over the phone (this requires prior experience and / or qualifications).
- Following all guidance in your impact volunteer training modules to ensure that you handle all personal data securely, are aware of our safeguarding framework, and that the activities are completed in line with our charitable aims.
This volunteer role asks you to give around two hours each week (or eight to 10 hours per month). You will spend most of your time surveying older people on the phone and gathering their responses, and there may be interviewing opportunities for those volunteers who would like to do so. This is a flexible and remote voluntary role that can be carried out from home.
We will give you the training and guidance you need to carry out the tasks successfully. We’ll also be on hand to provide advice and guidance.
This is a fulfilling role, offering great flexibility. As one of our valued volunteers, you’ll receive training, support and regular communications from the charity.
You’ll use and develop your research and communication skills, gain valuable experience with a national charity and, most importantly, make a real difference to the lives of lonely and socially isolated older people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for speaking to new people on the phone.
- Flexibility to make calls at different times of the day.
- Good administrative skills and IT literacy
- Have their own computer and internet connection.
- Have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- A friendly, empathetic approach.
- The ability to listen to answers and record them appropriately.
- Patience and understanding.
- A passion for improving the lives of lonely and isolated older people.
The above attributes are important for calling older people and asking them about their wellbeing. For other aspects of the impact volunteering work, we would also welcome applications from those with the following skills and experience:
- Relevant qualifications, for example, a Masters or PhD that includes social research.
- Experience of conducting social research, including interviews and surveys.