Responsible to: CEO
Team: IT and digital
Hours of work: Full time
Place of work: home-based / remote
Holidays: 25 days annual leave plus your birthday and all bank holidays
Benefits: working from home allowance, Simply Health cash plan, 3% pension contribution, death in service insurance, and learning and development opportunities
Re-engage is a charity that is positive about older age and committed to fighting loneliness so that people can have social lives and friendship groups however old they are. We inspire and enable meaningful connections and shared experiences within communities across the UK for people over 75 facing loneliness and social isolation.
Our volunteers work together to create better communities and help to enrich the lives of our members by giving them something to look forward to. Older people who may have felt very alone now feel valued as individuals, continue to form friendships, and have groups that give support. We make sure that people know they are important well into their old age.
Respectful, determined, warm, pioneering, and local: we are Re-engage and we are bringing generations together.
Our vision is a world where no one is ever too old to make friends and enjoy social interaction.
Our mission is to work within communities to end social isolation and loneliness in older people.
This is an opportunity for a low-code developer / product owner who enjoys leading teams, engaging with users, and collaborating with people to lead the digital potential of a national charity at a critical moment in its development. If you join us, you’ll be leading a small team to build, enhance and support our core product created primarily with PowerApps and PowerAutomate. We need someone who can:
- Identify and develop opportunities to improve existing analytical and data solutions.
- Pro-actively lead on troubleshooting of data requirements, data modelling, data quality and data governance issues with the wider Re-engage team.
- Work proactively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Take personal responsibility for quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Become an integral part of the team, supporting key projects and programmes critical to its success.
In 2021, Re-engage worked with a Microsoft partner to develop a charity-wide system built using PowerApps and PowerAutomate which provides the infrastructure for service delivery, fundraising, impact assessment, and volunteer management. We called our system OPUS (which stands for Older People and Us).
The three-person digital transformation team at Re-engage develops and constantly improves the foundations upon which Re-engage operates. The small, dedicated, and enthusiastic team delivers secure, effective, and cost-efficient digital infrastructure and live IT operations that support our objectives. Leading this function requires strong communication and organisational skills to support a charity-wide team of staff which is focussed on harnessing technology to scale up charity service delivery.
Key responsibilities of the head of digital
- Delivering a digital workplace providing quality software which is easy to maintain and clean to operate and makes our jobs easier, encourages greater collaboration and supports flexibility in working patterns, locations, and devices.
- Delivering high-quality support and solutions in systems integrations and architecture for the issues that arise when working with high numbers of volunteers and service users.
- Building a performance-focused user experience with data-driven measurement of our impact on the lives of older people and the experience of volunteers.
- Providing leadership and guidance, including coaching, and mentoring your team and their professional development.
- Protecting and securing everyone we work with and ensuring our systems remain secure and available, resilient to natural and human-caused problems.
- Working closely with our Microsoft partner and IT support provider.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the charity through its commitment to harnessing a digital approach.
- Developing our people, capability, and skills: we have created a sustainable service by developing our people, bringing key skills in-house, and giving our digital team professional pathways to develop and progress.
- Driving and supporting new projects and initiatives and contributing towards continuous improvement activities across the charity.
- Supporting budget forecasting and management activities.
- Overseeing all systems including Dynamics Web API, Azure, and all integration points with other business systems: Power BI, form creation, reporting, and scripting.
- Alerting and monitoring change management and troubleshooting issues related to OPUS.
- Working closely with the head of finance to manage the hardware and business application/service lifecycle.
- Fostering the development of the whole charity team's capabilities and expertise in line with the charity’s needs and the organisation’s evolution.
- Running design sessions with key business users (OPUS Champions and SMT), including architecture / solution design.
- Documenting business requirements in the form of user stories and maintaining the backlog of user stories.
- Taking ownership of technical documents and processes and developing, managing, and maintaining internal policies and procedures to underpin digital functions.
- We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable in an environment which promotes equality of opportunity, recognising and valuing diversity and has a positive attitude towards all age-related issues. You’ll ideally possess knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power platforms and want to both develop your technical skills and work in infrastructure and operational management. You’ll be an influential and persuasive multitasker who can prioritise workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- We want to see strong technical/development skills with ability to be hands on as required.
- Experience capturing and translating complex business requirements into practical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, able to tailor results into language appropriate for the audience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an eye for detail.
- Willingness to learn and adapt with a positive attitude.
We’d like to see demonstrable experience of:
- An IT focussed leadership/management role.
- Working in a D365 environment.
- Implementing changes to CRM front end by customising and configuration.
- Moving developments between environments.
Nice to have
- D365 CDS PowerApps model, automating business processes with Microsoft Flow.
- Background in application integration / application development or good grounding in low code / no code environments.
You’ll also need:
- Effective verbal and written communication at all levels.
- The ability to influence colleagues and promote a positive image of Re-engage at all times.
We’re committed to growing a team that enjoys coming to work every day and gets satisfaction out of being part of delivering significant impact to the lives of older people. We all work remotely, and we don’t let that stop us from getting to know each other and enjoying down time together. Our wellbeing programme includes multiple interest groups: music, books, gardening etc. Our monthly wellbeing programme includes virtual tea parties, chair yoga sessions, and other group activities. Everyone is encouraged to get involved in working groups, champions networks, and task and finish groups, all of which contribute to us getting to know each other. We have strong values and promote behaviours that underpin all we do.
How to apply
If you’d like more information, or to submit your CV and a letter setting out why you’re the perfect person for the role, please email email@example.com.